Ten days into August!
I don’t know about you …
I feel Fall on the horizon: even with our summer vacation is still ahead!
I hosted some friends this weekend and wanted to let you in on two summer favorites I found. You still have plenty of time to enjoy them. I don’t indulge in many sweet, but these two hit the spot without breaking my scale… in modest servings.
FROZEN LIMEADE PIE
Six ingredients! 6 ingredients you all!! My kind of recipe! Easy and delicious!!
It’s got hints of key lime pie, but with the frozen summer ice cream vibe! You could make it with a light cool whip to cut the calories, if it matters to you. Or, you could find some no sugar cool whip for diabetics. There is some sugar in the crust, but sub that out to suit dietary needs.
Leslie on the blog, my100yearoldhome.com, shared this recipe. I’ve made it several times now!
- Two cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter
- 3/8 cup sugar
- Two 8 ounce containers Cool Whip (6 ounces)
- One fresh lime
- One frozen can, Limeaid, thawed (lemonade works great too!)
- Melt the cube of butter.
- In a small bowl, mix two cups graham cracker crumbs, melted
- Butter, and sugar. Press in the bottom of a lightly greased 8″ or 9″ spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, add the cool whip. Stir in the limeaid.
- concentrate and fold together gently until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie crust. Spread out evenly.
- Grate fresh lime zest on top.
- Place pie in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices and serve!
I might be late for the bus on this one, but what a great idea!
For those of us, who could whittle away at a gallon of ice cream, shocked to realize how many servings we consumed… this is the ANSWER.
Portion control built in!
They are so enticing and have all the accessories of the big cones. No taste spared! All the yumminess is present and satisfying. I’ve seen them in several stores, made by several brands.
Honestly, what is life without ice cream! Totally deleting just leaves me craving. Finding an acceptable portion is key. The fact that this comes with no thought and no prep makes it a winner. I can have a mini and be happy with no temptation to add another scoop while dishing it out.
They’re also great for the grands; perfect size!
Bonus: unlike you’d expect, the accessories don’t fall off or fall apart on first bite. I was prepared with a bowl underneath the first time. It didn’t happen. I’m not sure how they achieved it, but the bites are neat and tidy, checking even more boxes! Oh and down in the pointy bottom where usually you find nothing but air … there is a dollop of fudge! Good to the last nibble!
If you’ve discovered any summer indulgences that have been “wins” at your house…
let us in on the secrets!
We’ve still got a couple weeks to enjoy them!!
Surf’s Still Up,